Pages

Friday 2 March 2018

Tech Pewter Casting

Today we went to tech to do pewter casting. This is our third session of pewter casting and this week for pewter casting we had to write our name on the board, and show our design to the teacher. We then were given a piece of wood, to trace our design on, and cut out. The design that I chose was a dollar sign, and it tuned out really good. It was almost in perfect shape, but people could still tell what it was. I then used a machine, that cut the wood and 50 slices per second. It was my first time using it, but was fun and easy to get used to. I showed my cut out to Mr Grundy, (Our Teacher) and he really liked what I had done, that he wanted to pour liquid pewter into it, to make my final product. Now all I have to do, is polish the design, and file any rough edges.

My Disign

1 comment:

  1. Hello Aung Naing,
    What a unique design you've chosen. I didn't see many dollar sign pewter castings when they were all shown. It's great that you're going for something new and original. I really like your blurb that you've written, it is very detailed, and amazing compared to other blogposts.

    Keep Up The Awesome Work!

    - Jack

    ReplyDelete